Sunday, November 18, 2007

TURKEY! TURKEY! TURKEY!




I love Thanksgiving - it is my favorite holiday of all! Well besides my birthday. :)

I cook every year....there hasn't been one year in the last 8 I believe that I haven't made enough food for an army! Turkey, stuffing, smashers, veggies, rolls, pies, sweet potatos, etc, etc, etc. So this year we are traveling to Vegas to be with Eric's mom for Turkey Day. I haven't traveled somewhere else to cook before so it should be interesting. I have emailed her my shopping list so all I need to do is show up. We leave on Wednesday and will be back home on Sunday. The best part of this trip is John decided to fly down to Vegas on Wednesday to spend Turkey Day with us. He will leave Friday. I'm so excited because it's been 10 years at least since John and I have spent the holiday together!!! It's a short trip but he will be there nonetheless!! Yeah hoo!

What are you doing for Turkey Day? Are you cooking or are you the "invited" who shows up to eat?
Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!

5 comments:

Emily said...

I'm the invited!!! I get to travel around town and eat all day long!!! I'm excited. This year will be the best in a while - we are actually eating with my side of the family - not that Jons side isn't good - but it's MY family so I will be that much more happy on Turkey day. I get to just bring a green bean casserole and eat!

Nikki - enjoy your thnaksgiving with John - that is so wonderful that you guys get to spend it together this year.

Susie Q said...

Yup, dinner is at the ol' MacMillan abode. I assign a bunch, so the cooking is not too overwhelming.
We will do the turkey, dressing, taters, gravy and a veggie tray for before. The rest is provided by the attendees. We will have 18 turkey eaters and 1 boob eater, (tee, hee, that would be baby Kate...)

Mac said...

Speaking of Kate. She is the coolest of babies. I miss her right now.

Sarah said...

Invited all the way!! One day I will make a turkey, but as long as I have two sets of parents who are willing to do it, I will make pies and casseroles and potatoes and such.
This year was special. We usually spend Thanksgiving with Josh's family, which is always great, but this year they were in San Diego. So we got to do the Mac house! It was really good to be together. Wish you guys had been there too though.

Nicole said...

Sarah - We honestly need to get together one year for Thanksgiving. I know we say that every year but I would love to get up there next year sometime and that includes at Thanksgiving if possible.

Sounds like everyone had a great time! I miss you all so much. :(