Sunday, December 30, 2007

New Years Resolutions

So, New's Year Eve is tomorrow and every year it makes me start thinking of resolutions and whether or not I should make one, two, or none. Everytime I make resolutions, I break them. This year I have opted not to make any "resolutions" but promises to myself to do a few things. They are as follows:

1) Lose the 30 pounds my doctor told me I needed to lose a few months back.
2) Spend as much time as possible with my son - he's growing up too fast.
3) Make a budget....school loan repayments start in April (YUCK)
4) Buy a really special gift for John and Jessica's wedding
5) Take at least two vacations, if not more, out of state (Planned so far: Redding in August for John's wedding and Disneyland in May). I would love to make it to Oregon (as I have been talking about it for years) and possibly Germany to see my friends
6) KEEP SMILING!!!

That's about it. I'd say those are some very important "promises" that I'm making to myself.

So, do you make resolutions? Do you stick to them or do you break them? What are they??

Happy 2008 to all! It IS going to be an awesome year!!

3 comments:

Mac said...

Welcome back Nikki.

Sarah said...

My resolution a few years back was to send birthday cards to everyone in my immediate family. I kept it for awhile, but have slacked off recently. I'm gonna renew that one this year, along with keeping my house cleaner & putting my laundry away instead of piling it like Everest in my bedroom. I would of course like to lose some weight, but my goal is to work out 3 times a week. No diets.
On another note...COME TO OREGON!!!

Haley said...

I AGREE, COME TO OREGON!!!!

I didnt actually make any resolutions this year. I never end up doing them...